OVEN RESTAURANT LUNCH MENU
Mon- Thurs 12noon- 2.30 p.m. Fri-Sat 12 noon-5 p.m.
1 courses £7.95 2 courses £9.95 3 Courses £11.95
- Cream of root vegetable soup. V
- Deep fried garlic mushrooms in Japanese panko breadcrumbs, garlic and chilli mayonnaise.V
- Deep fried potato skins, garlic and chilli mayonnaise or BBQ sauce.V
- Garlic and mozzarella baguette.V
- Fried award winning black pudding, crispy onions and red wine sauce.
- Chicken liver pate, caramelised onion and chilli jam and sourdough flutes.
- Spicy chargrilled chicken wings.
- Whitby cod and salmon fishcake, homemade tartare sauce.
- Spicy French fish soup, flutes and aioli.S
- Braised shin of beef in a creamy black pepper sauce, crispy onions and triple cooked chips.
- Chargrilled 8 oz flat iron steak, Diane sauce or creamy pepper sauce, mushrooms, slow roasted tomatoes and triple cooked chunky chips. GF
- Hot roast topside of beef baguette, onion gravy and chunky triple cooked chips.
- The Classic-chargrilled short rib burger, Monterey Jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, gherkin and our secret recipe sauce in a brioche bun and chunky triple cooked chips.
- Chargrilled marinated chicken fillet, garlic and chilli mayonnaise and triple cooked chips. GF
- Chargrilled spicy chicken wings and triple cooked chips.
- Chicken panko club baguette with Monterey Jack cheese, mayonnaise, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Spicy Italian beef meatball baguette with mozzarella cheese.
- Pan fried marinated chicken fillet, Diane sauce, triple cooked chips. GF
- Pan fried marinated chicken fillet, creamy black pepper sauce and triple cooked chips.GF
- Classic chicken parmesans, triple cooked chips and aioli.
- Hot shot chicken Parmesan, triple cooked chips and aioli.
- Spicy Italian beef meatball bake - homemade spicy beef meatballs baked with macaroni, tomato sauce, mozzarella and rocket.
- Chilli con carne bake topped melted cheese, rice and soured cream.
- Breaded chicken fillets, tomato spaghetti and Parmesan cheese.
- Spaghetti with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy white wine and garlic sauce.
- Spaghetti with chicken, peppers and mushrooms in a spicy tomato sauce.
- Spaghetti Bolognese.
- Spaghetti with smoked salmon and chilli in a creamy tomato sauce.
- Spaghetti with mussels in a cream, white wine, garlic and parsley sauce. S
- Seafood spaghetti marinieres with tiger prawns, mussels and calamari in a creamy white wine and garlic sauce or tomato, garlic and chilli sauce.S
- Whitby cod and salmon fishcake, rocket, triple cooked chips and homemade tartare sauce.
- Deep fried Hake goujons, triple cooked chunky chips, mushy peas and homemade tartare sauce.
- Deep fried Whitby scampi, triple cooked chips, garden peas and tartare sauce.S
- Deep fried Seafood platter- with calamari, scampi, king prawns, hake goujons, triple cooked chips, aioli and rocket. S/*
- Spicy Haddock tagine with roasted peppers and aubergines in a spicy tomato sauce with rice.
- Moules marinieres and triple cooked chips.S/GF
- Spicy Egyptian stew with roasted peppers and aubergines, bruschetta and aioli. V
- Egyptian Koshary- a warm mix of rice, macaroni, lentils and chickpeas with tomato sauce, spicy chilli dressing (served separately) and crispy onions.
- Vanilla bean creme brullee.
- Banoffee Pie.
- Iced fruits of the forest parfait with a vanilla centre. Alphonso mango sorbet and mango coulis.
- Lemon and lime posset.
- Affogatto -(vanilla ice cream topped with a hot espresso) and a soft amaretto biscuit.
- Sticky toffee pudding and butterscotch sauce.
- Coffee of your choice and a homemade shortbread biscuit.
- Garlic Baguette £3
- Garlic and mozzarella baguette Half £2.95 Full £4.95
- Bread basket £2.95
- Bread basket and olives £4.95
- Queen Green olives £3.50
- Flutes - dried sourdough thins £1.95
- Sweet potato fries £3.50
- Onion rings £2.95
- Green Salad £3.50
- Mixed Salad £3.50
- Panache of steamed seasonal vegetables. £2
- Buttered new potatoes £3
- French Fries £1.50
- Oven Spicy Rice £3
- Garlic mayo 50p
- Garlic butter £2.50
- Diane sauce £2.50
- Creamy pepper sauce £2.50
- Blue cheese sauce. £3.50
GF =gluten free
V = vegetarian
S = shellfish
N = nuts
* = these dishes can be made suitable for a gluten- free diet. Please ensure you clearly advise your server that you require a gluten free option.